You can learn anytime, anywhere on the CBT Nuggets app, which is available for Android, iOS, Kindle Fire and most Windows devices. We also offer an Apple TV app, which is compatible with the 4th generation Apple TV and newer. The CBT Nuggets app is available from your device's app store.
Getting started with the app
To get started, download the CBT Nuggets app from your device's app store. Once you’ve downloaded the app and installed it on your mobile device, sign in with the same credentials you use to sign in to the CBT Nuggets website, and start training.
Downloading videos for offline training
With our mobile app, you can view training offline with no connection to the Internet. This feature is available with all streaming subscriptions. You can download as many videos as your device can hold. Once downloaded, the videos are available offline for 30 days or until your subscription expires.
Note: If a course is scheduled to be retired, it will be available for download until 30 days before retirement. For those last 30 days, the course will no longer be available for download, but you can still watch it online.
Watch trainer Simona Millham demonstrate the app's offline training options in this video:
To download videos for offline viewing:
- In the app, go to the desired course.
- Tap the More Options menu (…) located to the right of the video title that you want to download.
- Tap the Download option. A blue progress icon will appear to the left of the video title when the video begins downloading. Once the download is completed, the blue progress circle will turn solid green.
After a video has downloaded, you can watch it from the course detail page or by going to the Downloads section in the app.
To manage downloaded videos:
- In the app, tap the Menu icon located in the upper left corner of the screen. Or, swipe your screen to the right to display the main menu.
- Tap the Downloads section.
- To play or remove videos, tap the More Options menu (…) on the right. (If a video in your queue is still downloading, the blue progress icon will appear to the left of the video title.).
Downloading videos using cellular data instead of Wi-Fi
To avoid data overage fees, we strongly recommend that you use a Wi-Fi connection to download videos. For that reason, the app's download preference is automatically set to use Wi-Fi only. But, if you want to use cellular data, here's how:
- Tap the Menu icon located in the upper left corner of the screen. Or swipe your screen to the right to display the main menu.
- Tap the Gear icon next to your name.
- Under Downloads, switch the “Download on Wi-Fi Only” toggle off.
Casting videos to a Google ChromeCast device
The CBT Nuggets app for Android devices includes the ability to cast to a Google ChromeCast device on the same network. When playing a video, look for the ChromeCast icon in the upper right corner of the video player window. Tap that icon, and choose the device you want to cast to.
System requirements for the app
- Android/Kindle Fire- Android 4.4 OS and up
- iOS- Compatible with iOS 9.0 and up
- Apple TV- Compatible with 4th generation Apple TV and up
Additional requirements information is included on each app store page for CBT Nuggets apps. Please contact Learner Support at email@example.com with any questions.
How to manage your CBT Nuggets subscription if you signed up through the iOS app
If you signed up for a subscription through the iOS app, your billing is managed by Apple instead of directly by CBT Nuggets. To renew or cancel your subscription, or change your payment method, you’ll need go to your account in iTunes.
You can get to your iTunes account by signing in to the CBT Nuggets website and visiting the My Account > Subscription page. In the Payment section, click on Manage/Renew Your Subscription in iTunes to be taken to your iTunes account page.
If you would prefer to manage your subscription directly with CBT Nuggets, please contact Apple Support to cancel your CBT Nuggets subscription. Then, contact Learner Support to reactivate your subscription with a new payment method.
If you have any questions, our Learner Support team will be happy to help!