Transcender Practice Exam Troubleshooting (Including Unable to Find Session Cookie)

System and Browser Requirements

Please visit Transcender's FAQ for current online testing system requirements.

Error: Unable to find session cookie

Internet Explorer

This error is related to IE's default Medium Privacy setting which blocks 3rd party cookies that do not have a CPP (compact privacy policy).

• Select Tools 
  • Internet Options 
  • Privacy Tab
  • Advanced button
  • Enable Override Automatic Cookie Handling
  • Under Third-party Cookies, select Prompt    
  • Go back and try to launch your Transcender Practice Exam again.  You will receive a popup Privacy Alert box
  • Click the box for Apply my decision to all cookies from this website then click Allow Cookie   

NOTE: After successfully launching a practice exam you can revert to your browser's previous Cookie handling settings as the browser will save the exception for the Transcender Practice Exam site.

Chrome

• Enter chrome://settings/in your browser address field and select the link to Show advanced settings
  • Under Privacy select Content Settings and then click on the Cookies link
  • Ensure that Block third-party cookies and site data is not selected
  • Under Allow, you can also try clicking on Add and entering kaplanit.com

NOTE: After successfully launching a practice exam you can revert to your browser's previous Cookie handling settings as the browser will save the exception for the Transcender Practice Exam site.

Firefox

• From the Firefox Menu select Preferences
  • Privacy
  • Under History select Firefox will: Use Custom Settings for History
  • Check the box for Accept cookies from sites
  • Set Accept third-party cookies: to Always
  • Set Keep until: they expire

Safari

• From the Safari Menu select Preferences
  • Privacy tab
  • Under Cookies and Website data: select Always allow

Note: After successfully launching a practice exam you can revert to your browser's previous Cookie handling settings as the browser will save the exception for the Transcender Practice Exam site. 

Content Display

If you are not using a current version of Internet Explorer and you experience problems with content display, start a new exam and then click on  

• Tools
  • Compatibility view
  • Add site (which adds kaplanit.com)

Loading...please wait

In most instances this can be resolved by updating Flash. To verify if Flash is installed and up to date, please go here

If you are using Chrome, Flash may need to be enabled before you can use it.  To enable Flash:

• Open a new tab and go to chrome://settings/contentExceptions#plugins
  • In the Hostname Pattern field, enter kaplanit.com
  • In the Behavior dropdown, make sure Allow is selected
  • Click Done

Have more questions? Submit a request

20 Comments

Patrick Murphy

Thank's, I found this post very useful, and helpful!

I have one question though. I'm able access the Practice test, Flash card etc... But whenever I start to do a testlet, instead it's blank, and wont show any of the diagrams, or nothing that matter, but the questions when I go to them. If you can help me with this, I'd greatly appretiate it.

~ David

Learner Support

Hi David,  Glad you found this FAQ useful.  We have opened a support ticket on your behalf so we can work with you on this issue.

Kevin

Customer Service & Support

Patrick Murphy

Thank's again. I tried altering all the settings that the support said, and none have made a change. So, I'm guess there's something wrong with the Server, as you said in the email. Thank's for the contact info, I will be using it to reach them.

~David

leap Consulting

Worked for me. Thanks.

Luis Rodriguez

I'm having the same problem with the testlets.  I see nothing but the testlet number.  I hit next and see the questions, but cant see what the questions are referring to when I click on Case Study.

Luis

Nichole

Hi Luis,

I believe you chatted with Customer Support this morning, but please try the following:

If you are using IE 10 or 11 and you are having problems with the "testlets" showing up correctly, You will need to go to start a test and then click on -  Tools> Compatibility view> add site.

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Nichole

Customer Service & Support

Sami Eddin

The issue I am having is that the flash part will not load. I have tried everything in here and it simply gets stuck on loading......please wait. getting very frustrated with this. the funny thing is once in a while one of the questions does allow me to load the flash. but only that specific question and not always. tried in chrome, internet explorer and firefox. 

Heather Jennings

Hi Sami, 

I believe that Brian was able to assist you with a resolution earlier today. 

If there is any continued trouble, please email us at support@cbtnuggets.com

Thanks, 

Heather

Wade Hunt

Hi

I am using IE11 on windows 10 and have added kaplanit.com to the compatibility view but still have issues getting the flash questions to run, they always just sit on loading

Heather Jennings

Hi Wade, 

We are opening a support ticket for you now to assist with troubleshooting. All that you have to do to get back to us is respond to that email. 

Thanks, 

Heather

Chris Willhoite

I have followed the steps for the Error: Unable to find session cookie   issue and am still receiving the error. I am on IE 11 and Windows 7. A coworker has the same hardware and software and does not receive the error after following the same steps. I have even tried clearing out the managed sites from the privacy tab and reading them with no change.

Heather Jennings

Hi Chris, 

I've opened a support ticket for you, please look for an email from support@cbtnuggets.com.

Thanks!

Heather

James Kun

Unable to access transcender practice exam. My subscription IS ACTIVE! What's up!?!

Heather Jennings

Hi James, 

It looks like you have a basic monthly subscription, which does not include access to Transcender Practice Exams. 

We have made some subscription changes in the past couple of days and we now offer premium features in all new subscriptions. If your subscription is set to auto-renew, we'll move you over to the new $84 premium monthly plan on your renewal date. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other questions. You can reach us by phone at 541-284-5522, on live chat, or by emailing support@cbtnuggets.com.

Thanks, 

Heather

Sean Minihane

Hello

I'm not able to use the Practice tests is there a problem? all I'm getting is:-

Transcender - Cert-70-697

Transcender Practice Exams are currently experiencing technical issues.

The service will be available as soon as the issues have been resolved.

We apologize for any inconvenience

Do you know what the issue is and how/when it can be resolved?

Thanks

Sean

Heather Jennings

Hi Sean, 

I've opened a support ticket for you. Just respond there to get back to me! 

Thanks, 

Heather

nicolas bishop

Is is possible to view Transender exams "exhibits" in any other browser other than Internet Explorer? 

Heather Jennings

Hi Nicolas, 

Yes, many Learners are able to access from Chrome and Firefox without trouble. 

If you run into any problems, just send us an email at support@cbtnuggets.com. We're happy to help! 

Heather 

Ravindra Dastikop

Hi

I am doing Google Bigquery course and have completed more 50% video watching and also have earned exam vouchers.

Kindly advise me on how to take Transcender Practice Exam

regards

Heather Jennings

Hi Ravindra, 

The Google BigQuery: Qualified Developer course doesn't have a Transcender Practice Exam. You can see all courses that include practice exams listed here.

If you have questions about redeeming Google Exam Vouchers and scheduling an exam through Google, please check out this FAQ article or send an email to support@cbtnuggets.com. We're happy to help! 

Thanks, 

Heather

Edited by Heather Jennings
Please sign in to leave a comment.